Yay me! I have been nominated for the Kreative Blogger award by fantabulous Irish writer Matt Sloan (Everyone go to his blog and say hello! And comment on his current flash fiction because it is amazing.).
1. Thank & link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the ten questions.
3. Share ten random facts/thoughts about yourself.
4. Nominate seven worthy blogs for the Kreative Blogger Award.
1. What’s your favorite song?The hymn “And Can It Be” by Charles Wesley. I adore many songs, sacred and secular, but this one sends chills through my soul every time. Good chills. Love it.
2. What’s your favorite dessert?
Nothing really stands out….though if it involves mango, I’m liable to fight you for it.
3. What ticks you off?
Recklessness. Sheer, utter, stupid recklessness.
4. What do you do when you’re upset?
5. Which is your favorite pet?
Not allowed to have pets at my current location (SNIFF!) but I am definitely a dog person. Would probably have a cocker spaniel since that is the dog I had growing up.
6. Which do you prefer: black or white?
Black tea. White chocolate. Yes, thank you.
7. What is your biggest fear?
Not finishing what I’ve said I will do. Namely, finish at least ONE of my manuscripts and get it published. So hold me accountable to that dream, won’t you?
8. What is your attitude mostly?
I’m here. I’m healthy. I am surrounded by loving friends and family and great opportunities. So….obviously I’m supposed to learn something, do something. What is it?
9. What is perfection?
Mercy and redemption personified, given in unselfish sacrifice. I’ll let you guess where that puts me in the spectrum of religions and world views. 🙂
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
In music: Flogging Molly and Boiled in Lead
In food: Chocolate. Always chocolate.
In writing: Using my writing to procrastinate something else.
The Random Facts:
1. I bit my tongue off the summer following first grade.
2. I have been to 5 of the 7 continents.
3. I once had dinner with the Lord Mayor of London.
4. I ring in a handbell choir.
5. My favorite color has always ALWAYS been blue.
6. When I was little, my dad would sometimes read to me from Rime of the Ancient Mariner as a bedtime story. This is when I first fell in love with poetry – especially epic poetry.
7. Tried writing an epic poem in high school and got about halfway through, until I tried to get feedback from my AP Lit teacher and she said “That’s not my thing.” Talk about having the wind taken out of your sails…
8. I’ve had a poem, “Inflexible and Stationary” published in an anthology from The National Library of Poetry (Essence of a Dream, 1997).
9. In addition to writing, I am also a painter (watercolors), a sculptor (clay), and a potter (functional stoneware). I’ve done several art shows with my pottery and still produce work that sells rather well – when I have it in stock. (The trick is finding time to do it with all my other obligations.)
10. As a general rule, spiders and snakes do not bother me – unless they are poisonous or bigger than me. 🙂
SO. Enough about me…..how about some nominations for other fabulous blogs?
Below are several other wonderful writers I’ve met through the wonders of Twitter. They are also the writers who have bedazzled me with the flash fiction they’ve written for my weekly Visual Dare. Be sure to pop in and say hello to all these wonderful people!!
SARAH @reraveling / Re-Raveling
SUSAN @SuperEarthling / Super Earthling
MARY MARGARET @JustPlainMary_ / Spark of Hope
ANMELIA [Twitter name?] / Anemlia’s Blog
AFSANEH @Afsaneh_Dreams / Dreaming of Stories
STACY @RowanWolf66 / A Jar of Fireflies
SHARON @sharonscribbles / Sharon’s Scribbles