WELCOME to the 3rd annual Triple VisDare! Every November in honor of National Novel Writing Month, I post a trio of black-and-white photos as a visual writing prompt for those who are writing their hearts out – regardless of whether they are participating in NaNo or not.
This year I’m trying to be more deliberate about the trio photographs for each week, and how they go together. Each week, the prompt will include a photo of each:
* A person
* A place
* An inanimate object
The photos shown below are a good gauge of what to expect for the next four weeks. The best part is seeing what people come up with as a result of the combined images.
And because the 3VisD is not the norm in Visual Dares, I’ve compiled a reminder list of how this works:
* Incorporate – figuratively, if not quite literally – all THREE writing prompts into one flash fiction story.
* Word limit = 300 words (double the usual VisDare word count!)
* Added challenge: Find a way to incorporate the 3VisD into your current WIP or NaNo project.
* Challenge is up for a week, so you have plenty of time to sift your ideas!
* When finished, post your entries via the InLinkz widget (below, beneath the photos) so that others can read your prose!
* Did I say prose? Don’t worry. Poetry is perfectly acceptable for entries.
* No blog? Feel free to post your entry in the comments.
* Please keep posted entries around a PG rating for the young and young-at-heart writers among us.
I think that’s it!! Not going to belabor the point here, so let’s get down to writing!
Here you go! Good luck!